The CrossFit Hard training methodology is unlike any other gym class, bootcamp, or fitness program. We implement various tools to help our clients reach their fitness goals, from nutrition counseling to expert coaching on complex movements. Our program is comprised of Olympic weightlifting, power lifting, kettlebells, dumbbells, various cardiovascular modalities and basic gymnastics movements—we don’t do machines, and we don’t do gimmicks.
We focus our attention on being extraordinarily effective at coaching our clients to move efficiently to realize their athletic potential and achieve their fitness goals as quickly as possible.
1. Enjoy A FREE NO-SWEAT-INTRO SESSION
It’s really easy to get started. No matter your fitness level or background, all that is absolutely necessary to start training is an open mind and a commitment to the program.
You’ve already taken some time to read what we are about. We’ve explained how our program can produce remarkable results and is scalable to suit all fitness levels. Maybe you’re just not sure you believe it, or not sure you will “fit in” once you get to the facility. That’s perfectly understandable, and you are not the only one who has felt that way.
Come by and join us for a free No-sweat-intro session, nothing we say will make much sense until you do it. This first one on one session is free and if you don’t like it, all it cost you was 60 minutes of your time and at the very least, you will get a great workout. However, if you don’t do it, you could be missing an opportunity that could be life-changing. Are you willing to take that chance?
2. ONCE YOU COMPLETE YOUR FREE NO-SWEAT-INTRO SESSION OUR EXPERT COACHES WILL BE ABLE TO GUIDE YOU TO THE BEST PATH FOR YOU.
If you are a beginner or new to CrossFit we have two options:
1) Joining our On-Ramp program
2) Completing our private coaching - Introduction to CrossFit Series
ON RAMP PROGRAM
Details and F.A.Q.’s
How it Works.
The CrossFit Hard On-Ramp Curriculum is comprised of five one hour classes, spread out over a five-week period. Each unique class introduces a small group of attendees to a different series of movements, exercises, and/or skills employed by CrossFit Hard’s Group Training Program. The 5th class culminates with a Proficiency Assessment that requires attendees to demonstrate their understanding of each movement introduced during the five-week period. Upon completion of the assessment, attendees are eligible to participate in CrossFit Hard’s Group Training Program and to attend Group Training Classes.
Athletes who miss a class may still participate in the Proficiency Assessment as scheduled so that they can proceed to Group Training Classes (the CFHard Coach will help coach the athlete through the assessment), however they must either:
- Make up the class they missed the next time it is offered
- Schedule a personal training session to make up the course
Who it’s For.
Whether you’re new to working out, following-through on a New Year’s Resolution, are a seasoned veteran looking to make a comeback, or an elite athlete striving to take their training to the next level, CrossFit Hard’s On-Ramp program stands to further your understanding of exercise physiology, and help you achieve your athletic performance or fitness goals.
Educational, Engaging, and fun, the CrossFit Hard On-Ramp Program curriculum includes theory and practical work. The Integrated curriculum provides you with:
- The ability to safely and effectively perform/employ all the movements used in CrossFit Hard’s programs. Covered topics include gymnastic/body-weight exercises, mid-line stabilization exercises, plyometric movements, Olympic and Power-Lifting Movements, Kettlebell movements, and efficient running and rowing form
- A general understanding of the musculoskeletal biomechanics associated with and involved in the functional exercises used in CrossFit Hard’s programs
- Awareness of general flexibility and/or mobility restrictions which could potentially impede your progress
- Basic soft-tissue maintenance tools essential to help you remain limber, healthy, and injury-free
CrossFit Hard’s On-Ramp program is comprised of five one hour classes held at CrossFit Hard. The classes run every Saturday at 11am and are rolling so that wherever you start you can complete the five classes over the next five weeks. Each of the five classes follows a set curriculum, and covers unique subject matter. Each class:
- Details the underlying principles associated with each movement, exercise, or skill
- Guides you through the execution of each movement
- Dedicates time to the practice and application of each movement reviewed
- Provides Coach-issued feedback to you and prescribes corrective cues or exercise modifications as necessary
- Includes a CrossFit Hard Programmed workout that both incorporates the movements reviewed, and simulates the CrossFit Hard training environment
- Concludes with mobility and flexibility work complimentary to the movements employed during the instruction and the workout. This will help you recovery quicker and not feel as sore
Over the five week period, you will:
- Be exposed to the key stimuli used in CrossFit Hard’s Group Training Program
- Be taught how to perform each of the basic foundational movements employed by CrossFit Hard
- Enjoy performing in bench-mark workouts that both help establish a base-line for subsequent Group Training workouts, and demonstrate your proficiency with the subject material
- Be given instruction and guidance on how to develop a suitable approach to Group Training workouts based on your personal strengths and weaknesses
Frequently Asked Questions.
WHY IS ON-RAMP NECESSARY? CAN’T I JUST START TAKING CLASSES? One of the reasons why CrossFit is unique from other training methodologies is because we employ functional movements. A functional movement is a multi-joint movement that closely replicates those found in sports or life. It strengthens and engage an entire kinetic chain instead of an individual muscle or muscle group. Because these movements can be complex, and are often unfamiliar to those new to the sport, they often require a fair amount of instruction before they can be employed safely and effectively. Our On-Ramp not only affords this instruction, but also the opportunity for you to apply what you’ve learned (each class features a CrossFit Hard workout that incorporates the movements learned) after the program is over, you are able to graduate to our regular group classes.
WHAT IF I MISS AN ON-RAMP CLASS? Chances are good that if you only miss one class, we’ll still be able to coach you through your Proficiency Assessment so that you can begin enrolling in CrossFit Hard Group Training Classes as planned. That said, you will still be responsible for the material covered, and are strongly encouraged to make up the class by either:
1.) Attending the class you missed the next time it is offered at no charge;
2.) Scheduling a Personal Training or skills appointment with a CFHard Coach to make up the material ($40-$90).
If your schedule is such that you’re nervous about being able to make it to each session, we’d also encourage you to consider a 1-on-1 On Ramp Program, our Private Coaching - Introduction to CrossFit series. Like a series of personal training appointments, the Private Coaching - Introduction to CrossFit series enables you to work exclusively with a CFHard coach at times convenient for your schedule.
MY SCHEDULE DOESN’T PERMIT ME TO ENROLL IN THE GROUP ON-RAMP. I’M MORE COMFORTABLE LEARNING NEW MOVES ON MY OWN. CAN I DO A PRIVATE ON-RAMP? Absolutely. CrossFit Hard’s Private Coaching - Introduction to CrossFit series follows the same curriculum as our Group On-Ramp Training in a highly personalized setting, and can be scheduled at your convenience.
HOW MUCH IS THE ON-RAMP COURSE? Its $150 for the five weeks.
Private Coaching: Introduction to CrossFit Series
Are you ready to start doing CrossFit but are concerned you might find the movements challenging? If so, sign up for our Introduction to CrossFit series, which is five hours of one-on-one coaching with one of our expert coaches. During these sessions, you will work with your coach to build your general fitness base and gain familiarity with our movements with the goal to prepare you to join our fast-paced group classes. You will find the greatest success starting CrossFit with private coaching if your needs or goals include:
- weight loss and improved body composition
- extra accountability
- you have generally been sedentary
- you are new to exercise
- you have specific performance oriented goals (triathlon, basketball, etc.)
- you are pregnant or have just had a child
- you have an orthopedic injury
Your coach will tailor workouts specifically for your current fitness level and progress you at the proper pace for you. Please note, if you have pre-existing injuries or are de-conditioned, additional private coaching sessions may be required before moving into our fast-paced group classes. Price: $375($75/session).