I like to use foam rolling a lot to help gain new range of motion for my clients. It’s fast and easy to do. It’s also a great option for people who have pain with stretching or at their end range of motion. In these folks we can gain motion without causing more pain or irritation. Here are 2 ways we can gain even more effectiveness with this intervention
1: Pre-stretch the target muscle
- If the objective is to gain more length in a given muscle it makes sense that adding a stretch to the rolling can help. Eg: When rolling your hamstrings stretch them by bending your toes towards you.
2: Contract the opposing muscle group
- Contracting the opposing muscle group will force relaxation of the target muscle through a concept called reciprocal inhibition. Use this technique to gain new range when rolling. Eg: When rolling your quad flex your hamstring to relax your quad and gain new range.
For a practical example feel free to ask any of your coaches to demo.
What is more important than a good night's sleep?
Today is a Fresh New Day
Think Happy Thoughts
Drink Plenty of Water
Don't just eat - Fuel your body
Be Healthy and Happy!!!
***DUE TO OUR CAR PARK RESEMBLING A SALT FLAT AT THE MOMENT PLEASE BRING A CLEAN PAIR OF INDOOR ONLY SNEAKERS FOR YOUR WORKOUTS. WE REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE HELPING TO KEEP THE GYM CLEAN DURING THIS MUCKY TIME!!!***
1. Down and "Finish"
2. Elbows High and Outside
3. Muscle Snatch
4. Snatch Lands at 2", 4", 6"
5. Snatch Drops
SKILL TRANSFER EXERCISES:
1. Snatch Push Press
2. Overhead Squat
3. Heaving Snatch Balance
4. Snatch Balance without a dip
5. Snatch Balance with a dip
Take 12-15 minutes to work on technique and build to a heavy, but not necessarily 1-RM, FULL SNATCH
Prepare for the WOD...
Metcon (AMRAP - Rounds and Reps)
AMRAP 10 mins
30 Double Unders
15 Snatches (Men: 75lbs, 34kg Women: 55lbs, 25kg)
Perform 30sec Hollow Rock
Perform 30sec Superman
Out of Town WOD
10 ROUNDS FOR TIME: 10 WALKING LUNGES 10 PUSHUPS