5 Benefits of Trials
Trials are inevitable. We are all going to face challenge and we’ll continue to have hard times in training and in life. If you’re going through a tough time right now, I hope you can lean into your situation and continue to work through it, knowing that this won’t last forever. There may even be some benefits to the trials you’re facing.
This post is to remind you that something good can and may come out of the trials you’re facing. You may not see the benefits immediately, but you've got to hold on to something and eventually pull a positive from it. I hope at least one of these will resonate with you and provide some help.
5 Benefits of Trials
1. Trials can help you create clarity about what’s really important and you can often gain a fresh, improved perspective.
2. You gain experience in handling trials so that you’re more comfortable and confident going through them in the future.
3. You’re given an opportunity to practice many things like patience, perseverance, faith, forgiveness (to yourself and others), stress-management, and communication. There is ALWAYS an opportunity to improve some aspect of yourself.
4. You can improve your relationships by leaning on your support team in trying times. You build stronger relationships when you share your emotions and reach out to those who care about you.
5. You can become a more relatable individual by working through trials and gaining the experience of hard times. You’ll be better able to coach, parent, help, and inspire others by sharing what you learned and how you changed because of the trial.
Of course, if you’re having a hard time, reach out to someone and get help as soon as you can. The trials are going to keep coming, and you can take action daily to improve your mentality so that you’re as prepared as possible to work through them.
Can you pull something good out of the storm you’re in? Comment below.
What was the most important event in your life?
General Warm up
Goodmorning x 10
Ring Row x 10
Pushup + Pushup Plus + T-Spine Rotation x 10 (5 per side)
Superman x 10
Situp x 10
Jump Rope 1min
Perfect stretch x 5 each leg (groiner + sun salute)
Wall Climbs x 10
Dead hang pullup x 5-10
Knees to elbows x 10
Round 3 (with KB)
While holding KB bottom facing up
5 press each side
5 OH lunges each side
5 Windmills each side
This is hard, use a light KB.
Take 15 minutes to build to a heavy Jerk or Practice Foot Drills
Metcon (AMRAP - Rounds and Reps)
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
20 Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
Cut Season Cash Out
100 Walking lunges
Out of Town WOD
8 ROUNDS FOR TIME: HANDSTAND 30 SECONDS 10 SQUATS