16.2 Is in the books and what a tough little beauty that turned out to be!!!
Check out these photos from last Saturdays class hitting it hard.
Here is a great analysis and breakdown of 16.2 on games.crossfit.com if you want to geek out on the stats.
One of our 6:30 regulars, Sam Corum will be running his first half marathon this coming Saturday at the Rock 'N' Roll event in DC. Sam would love your support, especially around mile 6. The spectator details are here
OPEN PREP WOD
If you were mayor for the day, what three things would you change about your city?
100 Jumping Jacks
100 Mountain Climbers
100m Bear Crawls
100m side shuffle
100m high knees
100m back pedal
Metcon (No Measure)
Three sets, not for time, of:
Bar Muscle-Ups x 5 reps
Rest 60 Sec
Double-Unders x 30 reps
This is the time to practice your "weakness"! Try different progressions to learn muscle-ups and Double-unders.
1. Initiate a kip by swinging feet front and back, and follow swing motion through to hips and then shoulders
2. The body should bow from global extension to global flexion
3. At the apex of the "from" portion of the swing you will spot the bar, and do the fastest pull that will get your hips to the bar
4. Followed immediately by doing the fastest sit up into a pike position
5. Allow the shoulder to travel over the bar while raising the toes up
6. Done correctly, this should lead you into a bar support
Metcon (AMRAP - Rounds and Reps)
10 Minute AMRAP:
10 Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
200 Meter Run (300 M Row)
Full American swings if you feel comfortable going to lockout overhead. 10 pull ups, then we are going to run some more today! This weather is just too nice to pass up. We’ve been stuck inside all winter!
Your score with be your total number of rounds and reps.
We want to get that heart rate up and keep it up, hence the triplet of swings, pull-ups and sprints. We want to hold that intensity for as close to the 10 minutes as we can.
We will have a continuous running clock for 10 minutes – no programmed rest. This should be a pretty intense 10 minutes.
Out of Town WOD
4x400m run, rest 2 min between rounds