I’ve been having a lot of great conversations with our athletes these days in regards to their goals and fitness plans.
Most of which (especially this time of year) include muscle ups, but that’s beside the point. Truth is they always include something about getting stronger.
We go back and forth, talking fitness and this then usually leads me to ask them (and you) these questions…
- What does being strong mean to you?
- Can you define it for me?
- How can you achieve it?
Well, what if I told you that being strong is way of life, and much more than just the amount of weight on the bar?
Would you believe me?
What if I told you that being strong was innately a mental trait, and the weight on the bar was merely a correlate of your attitude and the way you approach life? Would that change the way you think about things? Would you attack your training in a different way? Would you open your mind to a new way of thinking?
So here’s what I’ll leave you with…My personal guarantees to you inside this community.
- If you really focus on your technique, you will get stronger.
- If you pick up the weight when you’re tired, you will get stronger.
- If you clean up your diet, you will get stronger.
- If you grind out one more rep, you will get stronger.
- If you push yourself to exhaustion, you will get stronger.
- If you aren’t afraid of what other people will think about you, you will get stronger.
- If you show up, you will get stronger.
- If you trust the process, you will get stronger.
Ultimately though, the decision to succeed, and get stronger… Well, it’s up to you!
But just in case you need some help along the way, don’t forget that your coaches and fellow members are always here to help.
I know you can do this…You will succeed…You will get stronger!!!
Open Prep WOD
What is important to you in your life right now?
25 x Jumping Jacks (arms behind you)
10 x Jumping Jacks (forward and back)
4 x Long Lunge (with twist)
6 x Single Leg Lateral Lunge (onto heal)
10 x Bent Over Swing
4 x Hamstring Stretch w 5 x Push Up
6 x Palms to Sky w Twist
Every 2 minutes, for 24 minutes:
Station 1 – Muscle-ups x 2 reps
Station 2 – Toes to Bar x 10 reps
Station 3 - Skins the Cats x 1 rep
Metcon (AMRAP - Rounds and Reps)
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 8 minutes of:
8 Thrusters (75/55 lbs)
Out of Town WOD
20 High Knees
20 Butt Kicks
20 High Skips
20 Broad Jumps
8x200m run, rest 1 min between rounds