"Beef Medley" because you can always throw in whatever you have, especially more veggies.
It's a fast meal and very tasty.
- 1lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 large sweet onion (or use the whole thing if you love onions)
- 1 tsp garlic powder, or 3 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled and chopped finely.
- 1 12 oz can of chopped tomatoes (or tomatoes/peppers mix is great too)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 T taco seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Throw all ingredients except spinach in a skillet and cook until beef is brown and onions are transparent. Salt to taste.
- If you’re using spinach in the beef mixture, throw in when you’re completely done. The heat of the meat is all you need to cook the spinach.
- Serve on a bed of any time of green you enjoy — spinach, spring mix, arugula, etc. (I dressed the salad with a salad dressing made up of equal parts of olive oil, lemon juice and a little salt.) You can also serve on a bed of mashed sweet potatoes (white ones).
Top with anything that you like — chopped cilantro, onions, guacamole, etc.